Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July Weekend

This weekend I plan on riding my face off, so to speak. Yesterday I did a ride with my brother and friend, we put in 21.5 miles at a decent clip. It was an interesting route. We tried to get lost but ended up finding ourselves back on a road we had already taken! Crap! So we re-did the route a little bit before turning off early to do a shallow climb.

Today, I'll be going over to the Schulykill River Trail to do a ride with my brother and fiance. I'm hoping for a decent average. Last time I did this ride with my brother, we bonked because of our 35 mile ride the day before.

Tomorrow, I'm going to my brothers place for another ride with him and one of his neighbors. We met him when we did the Iron Tour. I hope he's on our level and I don't get dropped. He looks like he knows what he's doing.

Yesterday I went to Performance Bike to grab another water bottle. I wanted another large bottle for the summer because it's hot, and I drink a lot. While there, I decided I'd grab some gels. I've never used one before, but I want to try them out. I got a GU energy gel (Orange Burst) and a Clif SHOT (Razz). I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment