Thursday, July 16, 2009

10 pounds. 10 days.

The title says it all. In 10 days, I've lost 10 pounds. CRAZY! I feel like I should be on the biggest loser. People have been telling me all day I'm going too fast. Maybe I am, but I'm eating healthy and working out hard. I'm not starving myself, and I'm not doing workouts that are too intense. I feel like I'm doing this in a very healthy way. Maybe this time is it for me. I hope I can get down to 215 by the City to Shore ride. If I make it before then, I'll set a new goal based on how much time I've got left before the ride.

For those of you who are reading this and are wondering, HOW am I doing it? I started at 252lbs. I started using fitday.com to manage my calories. I aim for 1700 to 2000 calories a day and work out every day I can during the week, for at least 50 minutes. When I go out for my short bike rides, I make it a point to try to beat my previous time. It keeps me motivated, and it makes me work harder. I'm 6'1" tall, and despite the height, I've probably got another 50lbs to be REALLY healthy, but I'm happy to lose another 30 or so and try to maintain and lose slowly from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment