Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 1, Part 2: So far so good

Today has gone extremely well so far. I started the day off with some steak for breakfast. YUM! I had some more of the same steak for lunch along with some pineapple, strawberries, and half an apple (it wasn't that good). When I got home from work I had a Clif bar to fuel a little bit before my ride. I went out for a short 16 miler. My intention was to get lost. I was successful for about a mile or two. Oh well. I brought a bottle of Gatorade (one scoop of powder) and some GU Chomps. They were pretty good. I took 4 at about minute 20 and then two more about 20 minutes down the road, and two more another 10 minutes after that. I felt great after the first four. I was extremely tired after averaging 18mph in the first 15 minutes. I was hurting.

Anyway, I am proud of myself so far today. The plan for the evening is to get the grill going and put some chicken on and hope it lasts for dinner tonight, and lunch and dinner tomorrow. Keep checking back. I'll try to update more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment