Sunday, June 28, 2009

78 Mile Weekend

This past weekend my fiance was out of town, so I stayed with my brother. We went on a bike ride both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we started with the Iron Tour 35 mile route. We were doing fine, starting to get tired, and running out of water, but fine. Towards the end, my brother's front shifter cable popped off, so we had to stop to fix that. I'm still not sure if it's functioning fully, but we got it back on and it works.

Today, we went down to the Schuylkill River Trail. We rode there from his house. About 6-7 miles into the ride, and while we were on the trail, we were passed by a guy going approximately our speed, so I asked if we could grab his tire. He pulled us for a few miles at a speed of 20-22mph. It was intense, but really fun. My brother dropped off, so I told the guy we were gonna slow down and he could enjoy the rest of his ride in peace (haha). I started feeling a little bit tired, so I pulled out my Clif bar and tried to eat it. I tore the package open, had two bites, and then I hit a bump. SHIT. There goes my only fuel source. We went 22 miles from the house and then turned around. The guy we tagged along with caught up to us on the way back and passed us.

My knee was bothering me a little bit so our speed suffered on the way home. We averaged 16.2mph on a 42 mile ride. Not too shabby for having just done a 35/36 mile hill ride the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment