Monday, June 8, 2009

Iron Tour Approaching!

This past weekend was supposed to be a training weekend for me, but I didn't end up getting to ride as much as I wanted to. I had to dog-sit for my dad starting Saturday afternoon. Since his dog can't be alone for very long, my rides had to be short. I did 25ish miles on Saturday, and then I woke up at 5 on Sunday. I got my fiance up at 7:00 to start a ride at 7:30. We put in about 16 miles.

Unfortunately, because of Graduate School, I can't ride on Monday or Wednesday. Tuesday nights are also hard to ride because I play ultimate fribee on Tuesday's. That leaves Thursday through Sunday to ride. Fortunately, however, the Iron Tour is on Sunday this coming weekend. I will be riding as many miles as I can on Thursday and Friday, then do a short ride on Saturday before the ride... about 10 miles.

Sunday is ride day. 50 miles. I'm really excited to be doing this with my fiance, my friend, and my brother. All four of us are taking on the 50 mile ride on new(ish) bikes. I spent an hour or so yesterday cleaning my fiance's bike. Hopefully it stays clean enough for the ride!

Also, we may be getting sponsored for the City to Shore ride. I'll keep you updated as things progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment