Sunday, May 31, 2009

It has been a loooong time!

I've got to catch you all up on my cycling life!

I've been getting a lot of riding in lately, which is great, but I've neglected my blog. That's unfortunate, but I'm ok with it. Recently, my brother asked me to go look at bikes with him, and last week, he finally bought one! He's riding a 2009 Fuji Roubaix. He got a great deal at Performance also. We've been on a few rides together. Two this weekend! On Saturday, while my fiance was working, my brother, friend, and I went for a 30 mile ride and hit a MONSTER hill on the way back. It was brutal, but I told myself at the beginning of it if I got off my bike, the hill didn't count. I wanted it to count. Easily the worst hill I've ridden yet.

A week ago last week was when I first started riding. My fiance pointed out to me that last summer on memorial day weekend, my step dad asked me if I wanted to do the City to Shore ride. I said yes, started training, and here I am... a cyclist. I don't think I would have called myself that a year ago, or even six months ago, but I do today. I love the sport and I know it's going to get me healthy. Better yet, I'm getting pretty good at it!

Today I went for a ride with my brother and fiance. We went to the bike path and put in a little over 25 flat miles in just under an hour and a half. We did it at an average speed of 17.4mph (a personal best). I also a met a guy on the ride. I didn't get his name, but that's ok. If I see him again, I'll recognize him. Going out was a nice easy ride, averaging about 18mph. We turned around and got stuck with a strong headwind. After our 30 miles on hills yesterday, my brother and I were struggling a little bit. My fiance on the other hand was fresh and pushing us hard core. I'm proud of her.

We decided, all four of us, to do the Iron Tour ride on June 14th. We signed up for the 50 miler. I'll keep you updated on how that goes.

Today's ride:
Time: 1:27'17
Distance: 25.32 miles
Average: 17.4mph
Max: 24.9mph

No comments:

Post a Comment