Thursday, May 14, 2009

OH NO!

I went for a ride today. Unfortunately, it didn't quite turn out the way I'd imagined. I left my house, climbed up my driveway and the hill on the street, then started my descent down a nice sized hill. I decided to shift so I could get my speed up. To my surprise, when I shifted back, I broke the damn front shifter! So I hopped off the bike to try to see what I'd done, and couldn't figure it out. I decided to ride over to Performance because it was only a few miles away. I ended up keeping my cadence way up because I couldn't shift. When I got there, my buddy Scott who did the fitting for me, looked at it and said I'd broken it for sure, probably over shifted. Damn. My fault. I figured I'd have to pay out the ass for a new shifter. Turns out the Performance guarantee covers stupid mistakes too! I got a brand new Shimano 105 shifter, an upgrade from my Tiagra for FREE. SO now my bike looks a little funny with two different shifters, but the bike shifts very well and I am pleased that I purchased at Performance.

When I got back out on the rode, I looked up and saw some angry skies, so I just rode home. About a mile away from the house it started to rain, so I was sorta happy my shifter had broken and I hadn't been 10 miles from home on the 20 mile ride that I'd planned on doing.

I'll look forward to the next time I get to go out and get a good ride in.

No comments:

Post a Comment