Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back From Vacation

My dad took the family (including my fiance) to Florida for a 5 day trip to celebrate his birthday. We ate at fantastic restaurants, went to Disney, Universal, and Sea World. My fiance was good... she didn't drink more than one drink a night, she got up every morning to work out, and she controlled herself at meals. Me? What do you think? I drank and ate my face off, and had no inspiration to get up in the morning to work out. When we had time in the afternoon to work out, I preferred to sit in the hot tub with my fiance. I mean, it's vacation, right?

When I got home today, it was SO much nicer outside than I had anticipated. When we left home, there was 6 inches of snow on the ground. In Florida, it was mid-70's to low-80's the whole time we were there with no rain. I was aching to ride my new bike. After catching up on my e-mails, I checked the tire pressure in the new bike, and took it out for it's first outside ride. Although I didn't go very far, it was something, and it felt great.

I came back from the ride, before dinner, and before my shower, and I got on the scale. Things aren't looking very good.

I've come to realize that most of my posts here are about my failures, so I'm going to try to change how I view my accomplishments and forget about my failures (or try not to fail, haha). I need to get strict on myself real fast. I'll try to remember to post my weight tomorrow morning and then I'll set a goal for weight loss... hopefully I can get back to where I was before vacation by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment