Friday, March 13, 2009

New Shoes and Good Decisions

Today after I finished my paperwork for work, I went to Performance Bike and picked myself up a pair of Shimano R076 road shoes, water bottles for the fiance and myself, and some socks.

I got home, looked up how to install my cleats into the shoes on youtube, practiced clipping in and out a little bit while holding onto my couch and watching TV, and then got changed. I took my new shoes and my new bike for a ride, and it was great. The best part? My mom had asked me to come out drinking with her work friends after she got off work today. I went for a bike ride instead. I turned down free beer. I'm proud of myself.

OH, and guess what else! I weighed myself this morning; 250.5. That's 8 pounds in 5 days. I guess all that weight I'd gained on vacation was mostly water. Whatever, I'm not complaining, I'm still almost under 250. I hope I can keep the weight off for the whole weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment