Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rollercoaster Day

Today, I got a text from a friend of mine from college saying he donated money for my City to Shore ride. When I got home, I checked my e-mail to see how much he had donated. Turns out, Mr. Money Bags gave me $100! I was so thrilled I had to call him to say thanks instead of sending out a generic e-mail. Thanks, Kev.

Even though it's only 50 degrees out today, it feels so warm and I want to go ride. Unfortunately, I have to be at a meeting tonight at 5:00. The sun sets at 7:20. The path I ride is at least 45 minutes from my office. The meeting is an hour long. By the time I get to the path, it will be too dark to ride. I'm bummed. Tomorrow I have class and won't be done until 7:15. Again, too late to ride. Friday I've got a good shot at a ride, but I want to get one in today so badly! I called the office to see if I could skip the meeting or do my part on the phone with the director. She asked why, I told her honestly, and then she said no. I told her I'm showing up in my spandex. She seemed excited. haha. I hope the meeting gets out early so I can rush up to the path and maybe got half an hour or so in. I'm wearing my spandex and bringing my bike with me. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment