Saturday, January 10, 2009

Preparation

I got a phone call on Friday saying our bikes weren't going to be arriving for pick-up until Monday or Tuesday. Bummer. I was hoping we could pick them up today so we could look at some trainers. I really have the itch to get on my new bike and just ride... even if it is inside.

Today, my fiance went grocery shopping with me which was a big help. I decided that I was going to cook my food for lunch on Sunday and keep it in the refrigerator, then pack it the night before work. I also am planning out my whole day of eating ahead of time so I know when I'll be able to eat. That's always been part of my problem. I just "feel" hungry, then grab some food... I think I'm actually just bored. I view eating as more of a pleasurable experience than a necessity most of the time. I guess what I'm saying is that I want to eat for purpose from now on, not for pleasure.

We got lots of chicken, fruits, and veggies. I want to find some protein powder so I can make a healthy snack that I can have at work. I don't get a break to eat a snack from 9:00am until 1:30pm. That's too long to go without food. I'm not usually feeling too hungry by the time I get to eat lunch, but it catches up with me later in the day. I'm hoping to stay on top of the feelings of hunger instead of letting them creep up on me and attack later in the evening when my body doesn't have the time to burn calories anymore. I'm also planning on working out after work every day (except maybe Thursday... I have two night classes that night).

I'm gonna weigh myself in on Monday mornings before work and then post it on the side bar with the date. Hopefully that number slowly gets smaller and smaller. I will really enjoy seeing my progress every week. I'm gonna kick the food and exercise program into high gear on Monday. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment