Saturday, September 19, 2009

3 in 1

Because I haven't had much time to post lately, I'm going to make one really long one that includes three separate thoughts! COOL!

So I just moved in with my brother about two weeks ago. We haven't had much time to ride together because I am super busy, but we're trying. We had gotten out to do a quick 30 minute, 10 mile ride. We averaged over 18mph. It was absolutely insane. I was in a bad mood that day for some reason and decided I wanted to pull the whole time. He had just gotten back from the gym so it worked out fine. I think I want to make that my new time trial route. It's a little shorter than the last one, but I can get a lot of speed on it.

Last weekend I went to my fiance's house and did a "50 Mile" ride as a benefit for the local library. We signed up, 20 bucks a head, and it was great! The ride itself was beautiful and fairly well marked, but there were probably only 20 riders out there. So, essentially we paid for a marked route, a water bottle, and a sandwich at the start/stop point. It was nice to get out and ride with her again, though. It was a very relaxed ride and we got to spend some quality time together doing something we both enjoy, which was really the whole point.
Stats from that ride:
Time: 3 hours, 46 minutes, 50secs
Distance: 57.54 miles
Average Speed: 15.2mph
Max Speed: 46.3mph

Today, I went for a ride with my brother and his neighbor. I'm getting over a cold, but I want to get some miles in because the city to shore is in two weeks! We started out and things were going great. They had decided they wanted to show me a different route that they'd taken before that has a lot of down hills... my favorite. Of course, to get to ride down hill, you have to ride up hill for a while. That was fine, because I appreciate the pay off. At the top of one of the last hills, MY SPOKE POPPED! I had to call my dad to pick me up, waited for 30-40 minutes until he got there, and then I took my bike to the LBS (local bike shop) to get fixed. Phoenix Cycles is the best. They fixed some of the gearing problems I've been having FOR NOTHING! They also fixed the spoke for 10 bucks. Can't beat the price. I was about to put my bike in for a $45 tune up just to get the gearing problems fixed. I think he even lubed my chain up for me.

Anyway, I only got about 6-7 miles in today because of the spoke. I'm hoping to give it a shot again tomorrow before football. I want to get at least 30. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment