Saturday, August 1, 2009

Updates

The weekend has been going very well so far in both cycling and weight loss. Yesterday, my fiance and I went for a 44 mile ride from Valley Forge Park past the Art Museum in Philadelphia along the Schuylkill River Trail. It was a nice slow pace because she'd just ran a half marathon the day before. She loves pain. She's also a great motivator... I certainly wasn't allowed to complain during THAT ride. We took about 3 hours to do it, and got caught in the rain about 4 miles from the car. If my back tire hadn't flatted, we'd have been back in the car and almost home before the rain really started coming down. Oh well.

Today my friend and I went for a short 17 miler with a few nasty hills. One of the hills in Valley Forge Park was pretty steep. I stood for most of it, but stayed right on his wheel. The second hill was probably a mile long, but not quite as steep as the first hill. It was equally as miserable though. I wanted to quit, but wouldn't let myself. I finished it and had to wait at the top. We made it a quick spin back home and now I'm here!

Before the ride today, I'd gone to Performance Bike with my friend to buy my new pedals because they were supposed to be 20% off. They didn't have any in store, so I ended up getting some new tubes (since I've blown two in the last week) and a saddle bag to store my tubes and tools in. I'm tired of having bulging pockets on my jersey. When I got home, I placed the order for Speedplay Zero Stainless pedals. I can't wait for them to get here. To avoid paying the shipping cost, I shipped them to the store, but they're not supposed to get there until August 22nd! AUGH! I want them now!

Today's ride:
Time: 1 hour, 12 minutes, 10secs
Distance: 17.34 miles
Avg Speed: 14.4mph
Max Speed: 33.3mph

No comments:

Post a Comment