Monday, November 23, 2009

Running

Yesterday my wonderful and beautiful fiance ran her first marathon. I am inspired. I'm by no means a runner. In fact, I'm barely a jogger. At heart I'm a cyclist, but I can't allow my love for one sport hold me back from accomplishing something great for myself. Now, I'm not saying that I'm going to go run a marathon. I'd love to do that. Some day. But not soon. I would however, like to train for a half marathon. For a guy like me, that's still a huge deal. The farthest I've ever run in my life was 5 miles. I did that only because I was forced to during a SWAT Team training while I did my internship with a police department.

My fiance is an inspiration. She's changed my life in incredible ways and I love her for it. I've been trying to get out and run lately, mostly because I'm trying to lose more weight. I've gained a little since the century. I don't have the clothes to ride in cold weather, and I don't have the money to buy those clothes. I've got a trainer, but I'd much rather be outside. So running it is. Since I started running a few weeks ago, the farthest I've gone was about 3.8 miles. That's far for me. It's over a 5k. That's pretty sweet... but if I'm able to run that at 240 pounds, what can I do at 200? My new goal is 199 by our wedding day, June 12th.

I'm trying to find a weight loss support group online, but I haven't had any luck yet. If anybody knows of any, or would like to start one with me, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment