Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quad County Metric

My fiance convinced me to sign up for the Quad County Metric Ride in Montgomery County. I signed up for the 68 mile ride, and am freaking out about it. I'm trying to convince my buddy to sign up with me if he's available. If he's going, we'll probably do the 45 mile loop, but if I go solo, I'm gonna try for the 68. I figured, if I'm going to do a century ride in October, I should try to complete a metric century first. I've ridden longer before, but this course has hills. After last weekends ride, I'm hoping I can hang on long enough to get to the descents.

What have I gotten myself into?

3 comments:

  1. dude, if you can do 20 miles, you can do 40, if you can do 40, you can do the metric century easy. Do a metric, the century is just one extra rest stop away.

    Years ago i did my first 50 mile ride without having ever gone more than 20. Didn't intend to do 50, just got with a group that was going on that route on a charity ride. 3 months later I did the STP 214 miles in two days.

    keep on pedalin'

    -- Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I'm planning on doing the Quad County metric as well, and it will be my first. If you don't have a slowish group to ride with feel free to email me... I know I could do with some pacing! Good luck if you do make it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I had a great ride, you can check my newest post for the update. I hope you had a great time also. I did the 45 mile ride and it was significantly more difficult in the beginning. Maybe I'll see ya out there next year. Keep following my blog because I might be doing more group rides in the future.

    ReplyDelete